Wednesday, October 12, 2005

ALFRED is back!!! Well, actualy, now he's dead again.

Incase you're wondering just who the hell ALFRED is. ALFRED is my network name for my on again/off again dedicated web/sql/ssh server. I use a local server for a lot of playing arround with stuff I don't know what is. It's main role is webserver, because I can't afford a decent host. ALFRED's previous forms have included a Dell Optiplex GX1 (500MHz Celeron, 128MB RAM, 15GB HDD, running Red Hat Linux 8) and a Home Built Model 2 (1.6GHz Athlon XP 2200+, 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Debian Sid). ALFRED's more recent form has become a Dell Optiplex GX150 (1GHz Celeron, 384mb RAM, 40GB HDD, running Debian Sid). I acquired this computer from work today. It was labled to be sent to the trash and I decided to take it home and see what was wrong. It turns out ALFRED had a bad harddrive. Everything else works great. I know this, because it booted for me and I managed to get Debian Sid installed before it started clicking like a... I can't think of anything that clicks... WTF!? Anyways, it started clicking and I had no bootable drive. I can run a live cd, but what the hell would that do me. I've only got two harddrives left. Both of them are maybes. I'm gonna try to get Debian back on here. Cross your fingers for me.
-Brian

2 Comments:

At 10/12/2005 07:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get answers to your .NET questions with these Microsoft resources
During an interesting conversation with a publisher of technical books, they expressed their dismay at the lack of success for titles focused on the Microsoft .NET platform.
Hi you've got a great blog here, the best I've seen so far for Apply for loans online related. Keep up the good job! I found a similar Apply for loans online related website yesterday, check it out. Looks like the
Apply for loans online related site does not have a blog yet, so check them out at their company site.

 
At 10/13/2005 06:37:00 AM, Anonymous scott said...

the captcha will not help you. it's so stupidly easy to beat

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home